Informatics Graduation Ceremony 2011 was held on 3 May, 2011 in Jockey Club Auditorium, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. As written in our mission, we aim to educate and train global citizens to make them effective and competent contributors to society, and this year, we have a total of 302 graduates! Congratulations and compliments to our graduates for their persistent effort which led to success for today.
We are glad to have Mr. Val Ortega, Chief Operating Officer, Informatics Academy last year as our guests of honour from Informatics Education. We are also pleased to have VIPs from our University Partners to join this remarkable day of our graduates, including:
- Professor Peter John, Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive Officer, Thames Valley University
- Mr. Paul Inman, Pro Vice-Chancellor and Dean, Faculty of Technology, Design and Environment, Oxford Brookes University
- Professor Allan Layton, Dean, Faculty of Business and Law & Pro-Vice Chancellor (Research Development), University of Southern Queensland
- Professor Peter Best, Head of School (Accounting, Economics & Finance) – Faculty of Business and Law, University of Southern Queensland
- Mr. David Smith, Associated Dean – Innovation and Business Engagement, Portsmouth Business School, University of Portsmouth
- Ms. Caroline Walsh, Senior Lecturer and Collaborative Link Tutor Hong Kong – Faculty of Professional Studies, Thames Valley University
After conferred all the awards to graduates, here we came to the presentation of the Best of the Best Lecturer Award and Best of the Best Student Award. Mr Tony Lam, lecturer of University of Portsmouth programmes was voted the Best of the Best Lecturer while Ms. Ting Ka Yan, student of Master of Business Administration programme by University of Southern Queensland and Ms. Hau Chor-yu of the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Accountancy Studies programme by University of Portsmouth and Ms. Chau Po Shan of the Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Computing and Information Systems programme by Oxford Brookes University were merited the Best of the Best student award with their outstanding academic performance and learning attitudes. After sharing their graduation speeches, they received great applause from other graduates and guests. And it also marked the end of the ceremony.
Congratulations to our graduates again!